Monday, May 21, 2012

If I were Roman Abramovich...

I'd keep RDM and let Drogba leave as a legend - along with half a dozen other squad members.
And then if I was RDM...
I'd make Terry a player-coach (simply because, politically, you couldn't sell him).
I'd make Lampard captain, Cahill vice-captain.
And I'd build the side around Torres - solid base, fast counter-attacks, Mata, Marin, Ramires - maybe Modric and Hazard as well - providing the ammunition.

I'd also make my kids ball-boys for the next home match...

1 comment:

  1. Agree Drogba has achieved "legend" status - and as you suggest is now confirmed as leaving on that note.

    Cole is another (of several) whose character I had my doubts about - but no denying his footballing qualities.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.