Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I am the one who is very blessed

Thinking realistically...

I am 40 years old - many don't live that long.
I have been married for 13 years and I still love my wife - many marriages don't last.
I have four healthy and happy children - many can't have children, many lose their children.
I have a safe and comfortable home - many are homeless.
I am financially secure - many are overwhelmed by financial problems.
I have a job which, despite problems, I basically love - many cannot find any work, let alone something so vocational.
I have faith in God, which enables a profound engagement with life - many find their lives meaningless.
I have hope for the future - many know only despair.

I believe that there are kings in previous centuries who would be envious of my life.

Surely, I am the one who is very blessed.


(So stop complaining Sam!)

3 comments:

  1. New profile picture for the new attitude ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very nice. But remember you do live in the south of England so you can't claim to be completely blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.