Finally got tagged with this meme by Tom.
1. Jesus was a bloke - by which I don't just mean that he was male, but that he liked to have a drink with his friends and spend time hanging out with them.
2. Jesus also liked women - Mary Magdalene in particular - but he was really 'together' about it, which is a complicated way of saying that the Da Vinci code argument is complete garbage.
3. Jesus got angry. Often. Sometimes he was very aggressive about it as well, either verbally to the Pharisees, or physically as in the cleansing of the temple. I really dig that about him.
4. He got frightened, but did it anyway.
5. He transformed his friends by forgiving them after they had run away. That's still the heartbeat of the faith for me.
I don't think I'm going to tag anyone with this.