Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Show of Hands


My friend PB took me off to see Show of Hands perform at the Half Moon in Putney last night, which was a thoroughly excellent evening's entertainment. I hadn't heard anything by them before, but this is going to be an anthem for me; at least for a while:

And we learn to be ashamed before we walk
Of the way we look and the way we talk;
Without our stories or our songs
How will we know where we've come from?
I've lost St George in the Union Jack
It's my flag too and I want it back

Seed, bud, flower, fruit
Never gonna grow without their roots
Branch, stem, shoots - we need roots

Haul away boys let them go
Out in the wind and the rain and snow
We've lost more than we'll ever know
Round the rocky shores of England...

PS the support band were Megson - see here for a taste - thought they were pretty good too, even if we only heard their last two songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.