Friday, September 29, 2006

This is why western civilisation will collapse

A letter published in 'The Courier', the Mersea Island paper, 29 September 2006.

"Why have we forgotten coal?"

I have given some thought to the ceased power station at Bradwell and of others around the country. I live in sight of Bradwell and there is now talk of it being renewed. I am thinking of coal...
Any smoke would be carried away with the prevailing winds, towards the channel...
I personally say that coal is the only answer to getting electricity from Bradwell or anywhere else avoiding nuclear rods.


Of course, if we use coal, Bradwell will be under several metres of water, rendering the whole debate null and void. Am I disordered for finding this letter intensely depressing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.